Here are the questions for this book:
1. What does Screwtape tell Wormwood to not waste time on?
2. What brought Screwtape grave displeasure?
3. According to Screwtape, what happens with two humans have lived together for many years?
4. What position does Wormwood hold? What position does Screwtape hold?
5. Why is Wormwood “delirious with joy?”
6. Screwtape makes Wormwood aware of an important spiritual law, what is the law?
7. What cruel dilemma do Screwtape and Wormwood face?
8. When is Wormwood’s and Screwtape’s cause in the greatest danger?
9. What is Wormwood not to forget when he is dealing with any pleasure in its healthy and normal and satisfying form?
10. What did Screwtape hear from Triptweeze?
11. According to Screwtape, what are the types of human laughter?
12. According to Screwtape, what is the only thing that matters?
13. What does Screwtape know about how the Enemy feels toward the little vermin?
14. What does the Enemy want to do to man’s attention?
15. Finish this sentence: The humans live in time but our Enemy _________ them to ________.
16. What does searching for a “suitable” church do to a person? What would God rather the person be?
17. What is the real value of the quiet, unobtrusive work which Glubose has been doing for years on this old woman?
18. According to Screwtape, the enemy describes a married couple as ____________.
19. According to Screwtape, is “Love,” or patriotism, or celibacy or candles on altars, …good or bad?
22. What are two things Screwtape detests?
23. According to Screwtape, the earliest converts were converted by a single historical fact and a single theological doctrine, what are they?
30. What is the better soil for peevishness, moderate fatigue or absolute exhaustion?
31. How does Screwtape address Wormwood in this letter?