Kingswood is seeking a part-time worship leader to assist with re-launching its 11:00 worship service. The ideal candidate is a Christian committed to Jesus Christ and actively growing in his or her faith; eagerly willing to serve the church, its ministries, and congregation with energy and musical talent. The worship leader is a strong vocalist who can foster dynamic congregational worship and cultivate musical talent on the worship arts team to create an energetic and modern worship experience in our 11:00 am worship service.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Rev. Charles Broome.
- In conjunction with the worship staff, assist in the planning of the music used in our 11:00 worship service. The worship will reflect the diversity of our congregation and community, with an emphasis on popular contemporary Christian music and new modern arrangements of traditional Christian music, in an energetic, heartfelt worship style.
- Worship Leader should be sensitive to the music which is being played and provide the leadership necessary that best embraces God’s Spirit, points people to Jesus, draws people in and encourages participation by the congregation.
- As needed, support other portions of the 11:00 worship service as a vocalist/instrumentalist under the direction of the minister of worship arts.
- Attend weekly worship planning meetings to plan upcoming services. These meetings are typically held on Wednesday evenings, 30 minutes prior to music rehearsal.
- Rehearse weekly on Wednesday nights for up to 2 hours with the worship team. The worship leader in conjunction with the minister of worship arts will lead the rehearsal in a way which best utilizes the time of the volunteers while allowing for the mentoring of other musicians.
- On Sunday mornings, be present, set up and ready to begin by 10:00 am, through the 11:00 worship service.
- In consultation with the minister of worship arts, support special services (such as Christmas, Holy Week) upon request.
- Facilitate selection of qualified alternative leadership for planned absences.
- Classification: Part-Time Employee
- Reports to: Minister of Worship Arts
- Hours: Approx. 8-12 hours per week
- Proficient guitarist and strong vocalist
- Ability to lead others in worship, with prior experience leading worship services or other worship experiences
- Ability to cultivate the musical abilities of other musicians and vocalists
- A heart for worshiping God, and a commitment to grow actively in faith
- Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of background check
- This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, singing, and playing of instruments. It may occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching, as well as close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Must be able to negotiate steps in the sanctuary leading to the chancel area. Occasionally must lift boxes, music materials, or sound equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
About Kingswood United Methodist Church:
Kingswood United Methodist Church, located in the heart of Dunwoody, strives to be a “a personal church in an impersonal world.” Kingswood has a range of ministries to serve the community in faith, with an emphasis on youth, children’s, and family ministries. The church currently holds two worship services on Sunday mornings, at 11:00 am and 8:45 am (traditional service). The church was founded in 1968 and has approximately 500 members. There are two appointed pastors, a separate minister of worship arts, and three staff members in the church office. A part-time A/V technician supports worship services on Sundays. Visit us on the web at http://kingswoodumc.org
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Kingswood United Methodist Church provides employment opportunity based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, creed, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, and as outlined in the 2016 Book of Discipline, Paragraph 162, A, E, F, G, H, I, and J.
It is the policy of Kingswood UMC to comply with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Kingswood UMC will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical disability. Kingswood UMC will also make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Kingswood UMC.
Kingswood United Methodist Church
4896 North Peachtree Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338